Why eCS v1.2 Has Few Sales
The OS/2 Guy
2004-08-31 14:03:39 UTC
eCS v1.2's Bugs... these are the first eCS v1.2 complaints of what are
expected to be a great many now being reported in the eCS newsgroups:

- If you use the full unadulterated programs xWorkplace or Styler/2 and
don't want Serenity's bastardized version of eWorkplace and eStyler
Light you're going to get them no matter what. Despite clicking the
don't install option, the installation goes right ahead and forces them
on the eCS Luser. [So much for the 'improved' installation claim, huh?]

- The damn mouse jumps all over the place and has to be reinstalled
again and again.

- Items claimed to be on the 'extras CD' aren't there. [This has always
been a problem with Serenity. "We're going to give you the sky" yet the
Luser finds the sky is not in the box.]

- Want to migrate your previous installation? You're chances are not
good. The Luser ends up with 'a lot of strange problems ...' and is
forced to reformat the entire hard disk drive and start from scratch all
over again losing all of his/her previous applications, files and
important items. [Another 'reason to buy eCS' shot down the drain.]

- Running Linksys NIC? The driver won't be installed with eCS v1.2.
You'll have to haul butt off to the Linksys NIC site and retrieve and
install it yourself. Same for the Turtle Beach Montego sound card.
That damn mouse is a screwup again and you'll have to reinstall it.
[I'm sorry, wasn't Serenity going to offer more drivers then one would
ever need?]

- You'll have to add additional CONFIG.SYS lines to get your old
software to run again. [What do you mean your CONFIG.SYS got wiped out
in the new installation and you don't have copies of your old software?]

The most glaring complaint has to do with pricing. Meansys has
[deliberately?] made the buying scheme so difficult it is turning people
off and away. No upgrade application package from eCS v1.1 forcing the
Luser to buy the upgrade application package from eCS v1.0 even though
they don't want it. No clear information, much less mention, of
SVista/2 and what the claimed GA will provide or eventually cost the eCS
Luser. Those who separately purchased Open Office, SS/2, RSJ, Styler/2,
xWorkplace and other known OS/2 applications were promised a discounted
price yet that isn't happening. [

And last but not least: There are those trumpeting here their $59
purchase of the eCS v1.1 upgrade is perfect for them. What they aren't
telling you is that eventually their $59 purchase is useless without
further $89 software subscription, $89 for application subscription, and
the $99 for the application pack upgrade from v1.0 to v1.2 (THAT's where
SVista/2 is hidden).

In total, the eCS Luser is going to be forced to pay over $300 for his
eCS v1.2 whether they admit it or not and they are going to end up with
a buggy product that doesn't install as claimed and still doesn't
measure up to OS/2 Warp 4.52.

Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
email: ***@Gmail.com
Bob Bencivenga
2004-09-02 20:11:59 UTC
You are such a HYPOCRITE!! You sit out there and try to blast everyone
for saying anything about eCS in this or other OS/2 related
newsgroups. You state that you are going to report the individuals for
doing so to the individuals newsgroup provider. Why is it then that
you are starting posts to the newsgroups that are related to eCs???
Maybe you should be reporting yourself????

All you are realy doing is filling these news groups with junk
postings!!!! Take your postings to another area!!! Nobody wants to
hear from you!!!

Bob Bencivenga
OS/2 Die Hard
The OS/2 Guy
2004-09-02 22:09:43 UTC
Top Posting Alert in response to Bob's top posting whine:

No hypocrisy at all. The eCS postings promulgated by the eCS fanatics,
zealots, salesmen and investors are outright promotions, marketing
propaganda, and illegal commercial spam meant to encourage the purchase
or propagation of eCS. My postings regarding eCS are OS/2 consumer
warnings, alerts, tip offs, SOS's, cautionings, guidance, and a "heads
up" to those OS/2 users who may be unaware of a brainwash of lies,
misinformation, misnomer marketing tactics, phony testimonials and
outright deception heaped upon them by eCS fanatics, zealots, salesmen
and investors.

Review my eCS postings and you won't find a one recommending the
purchase of eCS albeit facetiously. These are the OS/2 newsgroups and I
am The OS/2 Guy. My posts are considered as a defense of the OS/2
territory from commercial eCS predators hellbent on destroying OS/2 and
my right to do so will always be upheld by any provider I sign up with.
OTOH, those who post illegal commercial spam, phony testimonials,
outright propaganda in an effort to harm or destroy OS/2, the OS/2 user
or the OS/2 community are restricted from doing so by their own ISP's
abuse policies.

I can't think of one eCS fanatic/zealot who hasn't complained to my ISP
and each has been shot down. If The OS/2 Guy were to invade the public
eCS newsgroups and attack, harass, or post illegal spam my ISP would cut
me off at the knees, and you know it. That's just not the case. In
fact, even trying to obtain access to any of the Yahoo groups as "The
OS/2 Guy" is immediately denied on no basis whatsoever other than my
known eCS dissatisfaction. Yet the Yahoo groups are public and can be
read by anyone, including "The OS/2 Guy" and that access gives me all I
need to know about the health and status of eCS - and it isn't good.

I hold a fully licensed copy in my own name of eCS v1.0 and v1.1 and yet
I am denied access to those known eCS technical support areas because I
dare speak out publicly about a scam being perpetuated upon the OS/2
community. I'm not allowed to ask "why does my mouse fail to work and
behave strangley with the newly released eCS v1.2 or why was I forced to
reformat my hard drive and resintall eCS v1.2 when eCS salesmen told me
eCS v1.2 would migrate my Warp 4.52 desktop over 'no problem'".
When I report either problem I'm labeled a liar and called a spate of
nasty names.

I have been labeled every derogatory name you can think of from K*ke,
N*p, Ni**er, Faggot, Queer, Sp*ck, Ch*nk and so on and you've never
stepped forward to defend my right to defend my operating system
territory - in fact, you have encouraged others, by your own silence, to
pile it on in hopes of destroying a known public OS/2 advocate. You
gloat over a web page filled with outright lies and ridiculous
misinformation identified as the "TMFAQ" yet you go ballistic over Warp
City's rebuttle web page(s) entitled "FAQ: Pointer to eCS SCAM". As
long as Warp City runs that web page eCS will never have any
credibility. "The OS/2 Guy" will always
have as much credibility as OS/2 itself and the availbility of the TMFAQ
adds to the myth and power of OS/2 and those who support it. The
"TMFAQ" is a badge of honor while the "FAQ Pointer to eCS SCAM" is the
albatross around the neck of Serenity.

The hypocrisy is yours Bob Bencivenga. It is the eCS Luser who has
invaded the OS/2 newsgroups - it's not the other way around. Imagine
how wonderful the OS/2 newsgroups could be if every eCS Luser moved to
the eCS newsgroups where they belonged?

OS/2 Die Hard
Bob Bencivenga
2004-09-03 02:02:56 UTC
Post by The OS/2 Guy
No hypocrisy at all.
Wrong Answer!!!!!

Post by The OS/2 Guy
zealots, salesmen and investors are outright promotions, marketing
propaganda, and illegal commercial spam meant to encourage the purchase
or propagation of eCS. My postings regarding eCS are OS/2 consumer
warnings, alerts, tip offs, SOS's, cautionings, guidance, and a "heads
up" to those OS/2 users who may be unaware of a brainwash of lies,
misinformation, misnomer marketing tactics, phony testimonials and
outright deception heaped upon them by eCS fanatics, zealots, salesmen
and investors.
Starting Flame Wars is not the way to do it.
Post by The OS/2 Guy
Review my eCS postings and you won't find a one recommending the
purchase of eCS albeit facetiously.
Then why have you purchased the product, not once, not twice but
obviously three times by your own statements? Don't you listen to your
own statements or warnings?

Post by The OS/2 Guy
am The OS/2 Guy. My posts are considered as a defense of the OS/2
territory from commercial eCS predators hellbent on destroying OS/2 and
my right to do so will always be upheld by any provider I sign up with.
OTOH, those who post illegal commercial spam, phony testimonials,
outright propaganda in an effort to harm or destroy OS/2, the OS/2 user
or the OS/2 community are restricted from doing so by their own ISP's
abuse policies.
Sounds like you are trying send propaganda!
Post by The OS/2 Guy
I can't think of one eCS fanatic/zealot who hasn't complained to my ISP
and each has been shot down.
Still more flaming does not help!.

Post by The OS/2 Guy
eCS newsgroups and attack, harass, or post illegal spam my ISP would cut
me off at the knees, and you know it.
But we are talking about these newsgroups.

That's just not the case. In
Post by The OS/2 Guy
fact, even trying to obtain access to any of the Yahoo groups as "The
OS/2 Guy" is immediately denied on no basis whatsoever other than my
known eCS dissatisfaction. Yet the Yahoo groups are public and can be
read by anyone, including "The OS/2 Guy" and that access gives me all I
need to know about the health and status of eCS - and it isn't good.
Like I said We are talking about these newsgroups.
Post by The OS/2 Guy
I hold a fully licensed copy in my own name of eCS v1.0 and v1.1 and yet
I am denied access to those known eCS technical support areas because I
dare speak out publicly about a scam being perpetuated upon the OS/2
community. I'm not allowed to ask "why does my mouse fail to work and
behave strangley with the newly released eCS v1.2 or why was I forced to
reformat my hard drive and resintall eCS v1.2 when eCS salesmen told me
eCS v1.2 would migrate my Warp 4.52 desktop over 'no problem'".
When I report either problem I'm labeled a liar and called a spate of
nasty names.
So you have a legal license of v1.0 and v1.1 now did you purchase v1.2?
Either you purchased the v1.2 or it is a elegal version. If its the
first reason then you need to adhere to your own warnings. If the v1.2
you have is elegal then I would be led to believe that Serentity Systems
has a legal case against you!
Post by The OS/2 Guy
I have been labeled every derogatory name you can think of from K*ke,
N*p, Ni**er, Faggot, Queer, Sp*ck, Ch*nk and so on and you've never
stepped forward to defend my right to defend my operating system
territory
Flame wars do have a dendecy to do that. Try speaking kindly of a person
once in a while and you might get a better response. Remember the old
adage, "You get more with sugar then with Spice"?
Post by The OS/2 Guy
pile it on in hopes of destroying a known public OS/2 advocate.
I have not set back silently. For the past ten or more years I have
asked you to stop this tone of blasting people. It does nothing for the
community.
You
Post by The OS/2 Guy
gloat over a web page filled with outright lies and ridiculous
misinformation identified as the "TMFAQ" yet you go ballistic over Warp
City's rebuttle web page(s) entitled "FAQ: Pointer to eCS SCAM". As
long as Warp City runs that web page eCS will never have any
credibility. "The OS/2 Guy" will always
have as much credibility as OS/2 itself and the availbility of the TMFAQ
adds to the myth and power of OS/2 and those who support it. The
"TMFAQ" is a badge of honor while the "FAQ Pointer to eCS SCAM" is the
albatross around the neck of Serenity.
I made no mention of this in my posting. You are doing nothing but
rambling on.
Post by The OS/2 Guy
The hypocrisy is yours Bob Bencivenga. It is the eCS Luser who has
invaded the OS/2 newsgroups - it's not the other way around. Imagine
how wonderful the OS/2 newsgroups could be if every eCS Luser moved to
the eCS newsgroups where they belonged?
Yes imagine how peacful it would be to not hear you blasting everyone in
the newsgroup.
OS/2 Die Hard
The OS/2 Guy
2004-09-03 01:05:35 UTC
Post by Bob Bencivenga
Post by The OS/2 Guy
No hypocrisy at all.
Wrong Answer!!!!!
There's not point in going on with you Bob, you're head is deeply
embedded in sand.

Take the eCS Lusers by the hand and lead them out of the OS/2 newsgroups
and the OS/2 newsgroups will return to the happy place they once were.
As long as they linger here there will never be peace.

Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
email: ***@Gmail.com
Bob Bencivenga
2004-09-03 04:38:11 UTC
Post by The OS/2 Guy
Post by Bob Bencivenga
Post by The OS/2 Guy
No hypocrisy at all.
Wrong Answer!!!!!
There's not point in going on with you Bob, you're head is deeply
embedded in sand.
Take the eCS Lusers by the hand and lead them out of the OS/2 newsgroups
and the OS/2 newsgroups will return to the happy place they once were.
As long as they linger here there will never be peace.
Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
Tim,

For once admit you made a mistake. The mistake of not being able to take
criticism. I used your own words in my defense and when presented with
it you run and hide. Now am I led to believe that this is because you no
longer wish to indulge in a serious conversion about how to curb the
useless flaming and land bashing being generated by your self or is this
because there is a good chance that what you are saying is wrong based
on the fact that you might have a illegal copy of eCs v1.2. Then again
you might not even have a copy so there again you are sending out false
statements to people with your warnings.

Tim, do us all a favor; TONE IT DOWN.

Bob Bencivenga
OS/2 Die Hard
The OS/2 Guy
2004-09-03 10:48:55 UTC
Post by Bob Bencivenga
Post by Bob Bencivenga
Wrong Answer!!!!!
Tim,
For once admit you made a mistake.
No mistake was made. The problem has to do with your dead-end response
of "Wrong Answer". No matter what is responded with you're never going
to see it as anything but "Wrong Answer". It is that stupidity and
dogged negativity that ends the discussion.

eCS does not belong in these newsgroups. eCS has its own set of public
newsgroups. Use them.

Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
email: ***@Gmail.com
Edwin
2004-09-25 00:07:48 UTC
Post by The OS/2 Guy
Post by Bob Bencivenga
Post by Bob Bencivenga
Wrong Answer!!!!!
Tim,
For once admit you made a mistake.
No mistake was made. The problem has to do with your dead-end
response of "Wrong Answer". No matter what is responded with you're
never going to see it as anything but "Wrong Answer". It is that
stupidity and dogged negativity that ends the discussion.
eCS does not belong in these newsgroups. eCS has its own set of
public newsgroups. Use them.
Then why don't you stop posting abut eCS in OS/2 groups? Go find (or
start) an eCS flame group.
The OS/2 Guy
2004-09-25 01:19:46 UTC
Post by Edwin
Then why don't you stop posting abut eCS in OS/2 groups? Go find (or
start) an eCS flame group.
You don't use OS/2 Edwin. Here's your headers [Panty-Waist Luser]
Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180

Do you seriously think you have any credibility here????

Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
email: ***@Gmail.com
Tim Smith
2004-09-25 20:13:20 UTC
Post by The OS/2 Guy
You don't use OS/2 Edwin. Here's your headers
All that shows is that he isn't using OS/2 on the machine he uses to post to
usenet (assuming he hasn't faked his headers). You have no idea if he uses OS/2
anywhere else. For all you know, he might use OS/2 everywhere except for usenet.
Kind of the opposite of you, who uses OS/2 for usenet, and WinXP for multimedia,
and Unix for servers.
--Tim Smith
The OS/2 Guy
2004-09-25 21:16:33 UTC
Post by Tim Smith
Post by The OS/2 Guy
You don't use OS/2 Edwin. Here's your headers
All that shows is that he isn't using OS/2 on the machine he uses to post to
usenet
What it proves is he doesn't use OS/2, plain and simple and neither to
do you (Linux).

Neither of you has any credibility here whatsoever.

Take a hike.

Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
email: ***@Gmail.com
Tim Smith
2004-09-26 03:34:44 UTC
What it proves is he doesn't use OS/2, plain and simple and neither to do
you (Linux).
You have no idea whether or not I use OS/2. Hint: I get to choose the OS
on a dozen computers. All you know is that the one I'm posting this from
might be running Linux.

BTW, I notice you used to answer all my posts telling me to go away because
I'm a Linux user, not an OS/2 user, until I changed my headers to say I was
running OS/2 on an ENIAC. Then you stopped. Now that I've changed it back
to say I'm on Linux, you are back to saying I'm not an OS/2 user. Does this
mean you really were stupid enough to think that I was running OS/2 on an
ENIAC???
--Tim Smith
The OS/2 Guy
2004-09-26 01:25:09 UTC
Post by Tim Smith
You have no idea whether or not I use OS/2.
What we ALL know are what your headers say. And they you use Linux to
post to the OS/2 newsgroups. You have no credibility here.

Take a hike Smith. You don't belong in the OS/2 newsgroups (and you
never did).

Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
email: ***@Gmail.com
Stan
2004-09-26 06:32:17 UTC
Do you know what the word credibility means?
The OS/2 Guy
2004-09-26 12:10:24 UTC
Post by Stan
Do you know what the word credibility means?
Obviously more than "***@here.com". Even if you changed it to
"***@hiding-from-the-world.com" you'd still have no credibility.

Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
email: ***@Gmail.com also ***@Gmail.com
alternate email: ***@Gmail.com
Stan
2004-09-27 09:44:05 UTC
Yawn
Doug Bissett
2004-09-26 16:56:33 UTC
On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 03:34:44 UTC, Tim Smith
Post by Tim Smith
Does this
mean you really were stupid enough to think that I was running OS/2 on an
ENIAC???
Hehe. Tim rarely shows any signs of intelligence, and I doubt if one
in ten readers even knows what an ENIAC is (it was the ORIGINAL
computer, built in 1944-45), but I will post this here, to remind
people about some common courtesy:

Please, in the future, use a little respect for your fellow news
readers, and add the designation [FUD4] to the subject line, as I,
hopefully, remembered to do here, when replying to one of them, or
when discussing the "problem", and filter the FUD4 (you will easily
identify them, when they post), AND the FUD4 subject, to avoid even
seeing their crap. Also, try to refrain from quoting ANYTHING, that
they have to say. That will help to avoid the other problem (news
group noise). Many users really don't care anymore, and doing this,
helps to make this news group usable again.

Also, see:

http://tmfaq.servehttp.com/

if you don't know what all of this is about.

Thanks...
--
From the eComStation 1.2 of Doug Bissett
doug dot bissett at attglobal dot net
Bob Eager
2004-09-26 18:00:39 UTC
On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 16:56:33 UTC, "Doug Bissett"
Post by Doug Bissett
Hehe. Tim rarely shows any signs of intelligence, and I doubt if one
in ten readers even knows what an ENIAC is (it was the ORIGINAL
computer, built in 1944-45)
Of course, Brits would argue that it was COLOSSUS, around the same
time...!
Edwin
2004-09-27 18:16:06 UTC
Post by Doug Bissett
Hehe. Tim rarely shows any signs of intelligence, and I doubt if one
in ten readers even knows what an ENIAC is (it was the ORIGINAL
computer, built in 1944-45)
Of course, Brits would argue that it was COLOSSUS, around the same
time...!
Or they may argue the first computer was the Analytical Engine, by Charles
Babbage, in 1871.

http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/on-line/babbage/page5.asp
The OS/2 Guy
2004-09-27 16:30:20 UTC
Edwin wrote:

Get out of the OS/2 newsgroups Edwin. You don't use OS/2. Readers:
please file your newsgroup abuse complaints against Edwin with his news
provider: ***@prodigy.net. Thank you.

alternate email: ***@Gmail.com
Bob Eager
2004-09-27 20:16:33 UTC
Post by Doug Bissett
Hehe. Tim rarely shows any signs of intelligence, and I doubt if one
in ten readers even knows what an ENIAC is (it was the ORIGINAL
computer, built in 1944-45)
Of course, Brits would argue that it was COLOSSUS, around the same
time...!
Or they may argue the first computer was the Analytical Engine, by Charles
Babbage, in 1871.
http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/on-line/babbage/page5.asp
But not electronic.

I don't need to see a picture, though...I saw the real thing (the
Analytical Engine) about four weeks ago!

And the Difference Engine...and a real, running Ferranti Pegasus...

Nice living 60 miles from the Science Museum!
Edwin
2004-09-27 20:40:05 UTC
Post by Bob Eager
Post by Doug Bissett
Hehe. Tim rarely shows any signs of intelligence, and I doubt if one
in ten readers even knows what an ENIAC is (it was the ORIGINAL
computer, built in 1944-45)
Of course, Brits would argue that it was COLOSSUS, around the same
time...!
Or they may argue the first computer was the Analytical Engine, by Charles
Babbage, in 1871.
http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/on-line/babbage/page5.asp
But not electronic.
True, but that distinction doesn't appear in the above discussion.
:-)
Bob Eager
2004-09-27 20:42:56 UTC
Post by Edwin
Post by Bob Eager
Post by Edwin
Post by Bob Eager
Post by Doug Bissett
Hehe. Tim rarely shows any signs of intelligence, and I doubt if one
in ten readers even knows what an ENIAC is (it was the ORIGINAL
computer, built in 1944-45)
Of course, Brits would argue that it was COLOSSUS, around the same
time...!
Or they may argue the first computer was the Analytical Engine, by Charles
Babbage, in 1871.
http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/on-line/babbage/page5.asp
But not electronic.
True, but that distinction doesn't appear in the above discussion.
In that case, there are theories that nominate Stonehenge!

Still British....!
Wayne
2004-09-28 00:00:36 UTC
Post by Bob Eager
Post by Edwin
http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/on-line/babbage/page5.asp
But not electronic.
I don't need to see a picture, though...I saw the real thing (the
Analytical Engine) about four weeks ago!
And the Difference Engine...and a real, running Ferranti Pegasus...
Nice living 60 miles from the Science Museum!
It's almost 4 years since I was last back in London and it
must be at least 6 years since I last visited the Science
Museum. Umm, better check airline ticket prices. Need to
go to Marks and Sparks too...

Wayne
--
While the e-mail address in this post is genuine it is only
used as a spamtrap. Any mail sent to me at this address
read.
Wayne
2004-09-27 00:13:45 UTC
Post by Doug Bissett
Hehe. Tim rarely shows any signs of intelligence, and I doubt if one
in ten readers even knows what an ENIAC is (it was the ORIGINAL
computer, built in 1944-45), but I will post this here, to remind
Colossus predates the ENIAC by 2 years :-)

Wayne
read.
Edwin
2004-09-26 17:34:52 UTC
Post by Edwin
Then why don't you stop posting abut eCS in OS/2 groups? Go find (or
start) an eCS flame group.
You don't use OS/2 Edwin. Here's your headers [snip] Microsoft Outlook
Express 6.00.2900.2180
Do you seriously think you have any credibility here????
I see no reason to address your misconceptions about me.

Why don't you take your eCS posts to an eCS group, just as you tell anyone
who argues with your eCS posts?
Bob Eager
2004-09-26 19:57:20 UTC
Please put [FUD4] in the subject line. Thanks.
The OS/2 Guy
2004-09-26 17:31:02 UTC
Post by Edwin
I see no reason to address your misconceptions about me.
I think it is time we OS/2 users started filing complaints against you
intruding WinLusers. Edwin posts out of Prodigy.net. File complaints
with his news provider for illegal intrusion and harassment in the OS/2
newsgroups. Include the full headers and point out his use of Microsoft
Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2096. Prodigy.Net is quite clear on their
abuse policy. If this guy wants to continue playing in the OS/2
newsgroups he'll have to use OS/2 to do it.

alternate email: ***@Gmail.com
Tim Smith
2004-09-26 22:06:05 UTC
Post by The OS/2 Guy
I think it is time we OS/2 users started filing complaints against you
intruding WinLusers.
Get a new threat. That empty one got old several years ago.
--Tim Smith
The OS/2 Guy
2004-09-26 19:57:00 UTC
Post by Tim Smith
Get a new threat. That empty one got old several years ago.
Look around Smithy... they didn't leave because of boredom...

alternate email: ***@Gmail.com
Edwin
2004-09-27 20:09:12 UTC
Post by The OS/2 Guy
Post by Tim Smith
Get a new threat. That empty one got old several years ago.
Look around Smithy... they didn't leave because of boredom...
They just got too disgusted with your posts, and those of Dave Tholen, to
stay here.
The OS/2 Guy
2004-09-27 21:28:51 UTC
Post by Edwin
They just got too disgusted with your posts, and those of Dave Tholen, to
stay here.
Get out of the OS/2 newsgroups Edwin. You don't use OS/2. Readers:
Please file your abuse complaints against Edwin with his news provider,
prodigy.net (***@prodigy.net). Thank you.

alternate email: ***@Gmail.com
Edwin
2004-09-27 11:29:13 UTC
Post by The OS/2 Guy
Post by Edwin
I see no reason to address your misconceptions about me.
I think it is time we OS/2 users started filing complaints against you
intruding WinLusers.
Knock yourself out.
Post by The OS/2 Guy
Edwin posts out of Prodigy.net. File complaints with his news provider
for illegal intrusion
Illegal intrustion of a public forum?
Post by The OS/2 Guy
and harassment in the OS/2 newsgroups.
They'll want proof of harrassment. Me asking you why you make off topic
posts here doesn't count as such proof.
Post by The OS/2 Guy
Include the full headers and point out his use of Microsoft Outlook
Express 6.00.2900.2096. Prodigy.Net is quite clear on their abuse policy.
If this guy wants to continue playing in the OS/2 newsgroups he'll have to
use OS/2 to do it.
My ISP doesn't have any requirement that OS/2 must be used to post to an
OS/2 news group. I defy you to document any ISP that has such a
requirement.
The OS/2 Guy

requirement.
Al Savage
2004-09-28 02:47:11 UTC
Edwin:

a) Do not crosspost this further to c.o.o.apps . Leave it in .advocacy
only.

b) If you continue to respond to TM, I'll have to killfile you, too.
Those of use who have been here a while long ago stopped reading TM's
missives, and we never even hear from him except when somebody (such as
yourself) begins to take him seriously and responds.

If you *must* respond to TM, please modify the Subject: line to prefix
"[FUD4]"; most of us have set up filters to hide msgs with that prefix.
--
Regards,
Al S.

This OS/2 system ("Tori", W4 FP17) uptime is 9 days 22:51 hours
The OS/2 Guy
2004-09-27 23:59:15 UTC
Post by Al Savage
b) If you continue to respond to TM, I'll have to killfile you
Most people have already killfiled Edwin. He doesn't use OS/2. He's a
Microsoft plant harassing *real* OS/2 user.

We all know that.

alternate email: ***@Gmail.com
Stewart Buckingham
2004-09-27 04:23:38 UTC
Post by Edwin
Why don't you take your eCS posts to an eCS group, just as you tell anyone
who argues with your eCS posts?
We don't want no os/2 shills in our eCS newsgroups, now, do we? ;)

Stu/2
Bob Eager
2004-09-03 21:47:50 UTC
Don't bother...TM is a nutter and not to be reasoned with.
Wayne
2004-09-03 21:51:48 UTC
Post by Bob Eager
Post by Bob Bencivenga
Tim, do us all a favor; TONE IT DOWN.
Don't bother...TM is a nutter and not to be reasoned with.
Yeah, trying to talk sense to the senseless is like matching
wits with the witless. It only brings you down to their level.

Wayne
read.
Doug Bissett
2004-09-07 20:57:25 UTC
On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 04:38:11 UTC, Bob Bencivenga
Post by Bob Bencivenga
Tim, do us all a favor; TONE IT DOWN.
Bob, you are not only wasting your time with the nutcase, but you are
wasting everybody elses time, and internet bandwidth, as well.

Please, in the future, use a little respect for your fellow news
readers, and add the designation [FUD4] to the subject line, as I,
hopefully, remembered to do here, when replying to one of them, or
when discussing the "problem", and filter the FUD4 (you will easily
identify them, when they post), AND the FUD4 subject, to avoid even
seeing their crap. Also, try to refrain from quoting ANYTHING, that
they have to say. That will help to avoid the other problem (news
group noise). Many users really don't care anymore, and doing this,
helps to make this news group usable again.

Also, see:

http://tmfaq.servehttp.com/

if you don't know what all of this is about.

Thanks...
--
From the eComStation 1.1 of Doug Bissett
doug dot bissett at attglobal dot net
The OS/2 Guy
2004-09-07 21:32:25 UTC
Post by Bob Bencivenga
Tim, do us all a favor; TONE IT DOWN.
Bob, you are not only wasting your time with the nutcase, but you are
wasting everybody elses time, and internet bandwidth, as well.
It's true. As long as eCS salesmen illegally promote a minor third
party established as problematic and overpriced, I will point out the
deficiencies and failures of Serenity, their salesmen/investors and the
product itself.

FAQ: Pointer to eCS SCAM [eCS Scam]

eCS or "eComstation" is a bastardized piss-poor product being pandered
in the OS/2 newsgroups by a small handful of desperate
salesmen/investors. These salesmen will stoop to any level to attack,
harass, lie to, smear, and destroy any OS/2 user who speaks out against
their goal: to take over the OS/2 newsgroups and destroy the OS/2
community. Like "the Religious Right" these zealots go to great lengths
to push and shove their agenda down the throat of the OS/2 community.
Headed by "The Boob" (Bob St. John) they zero in on one or two OS/2
users and hound them with their eCS promotions and when they complain,
these salesmen work to drive the OS/2 user out of the OS/2 newsgroups.

eCS fanatics have pretty much destroyed the OS/2 newsgroups for the time
being but the OS/2 user is undertaking a hard effort to stop the
destruction of our OS/2 community.

eCS is NOT OS/2. eCS simply uses OS/2 as a base operating system. eCS
itself is a minor third party vendor's problematic proprietary product
draped over OS/2 in an attempt to disguise the operating system and make
it 'their own'. The ONLY person who benefits from eCS is "The Boob" as
he picks the pockets of unsuspecting naive OS/2 users.

For this bizarre phenomenon we call the [eCS SCAM], read up on it at:

http://www.warpcity.com/PassportExpress.html

Then laugh your head off here:

http://www.warpcity.com/eCSGallery/

and be sure to read the eCS LAUGH OUT LOUD Galley section on "How to
poke your finger in the eye of these con artists".

The OS/2 community would appreciate the insertion of [eCS SCAM] or [eCS
SPAM] in any message purporting to report on or romote the failed
product called eCS or eComStation.

By adding the bracketed titles you are helping the OS/2 community rid
the OS/2 newsgroups of illegal spamming by Serenity Systems, their
salesmen, investors and Anti-OS/2 fanatics.

And don't forget:

Complaints of illegal spamming by Serenity Officials, their salesmen,
distributors and investors in the OS/2 newsgroups will be accepted and
investigated by the Federal Trade Commission.

The eCS product is a *privately owned proprietary commercial package*
which prevents these eCS freaks from illegally misusing these OS/2
newsgroups to promote its sale through false advertising, misnomer
marketing tactics, public harassment, personal threats, phony
testimonials, and fake eCS customers. Such postings are commercial spam
published illegally to promote and sell a *privately owned propreitary
commercial package* in a public newsgroup.

Pandering a problematic product that doesn't work as advertised and
pitched illlegally by Serenity Officials, their distributors, salesmen
and investors here in the OS/2 newsgroups is an illegal and criminal act.

Please, take your complaint to the Internet Fraud Complaint Center of
the Federal Bureau of Investigation here:

http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.as

A few Serenity eCS Facts for digestion:

(1) Serenity was late by eleven months (11 months) with the release of
an updated eCS v1.1 causing potential customers to forego their purchase
and move to other operation systems.

(2) Serenity has failed to provide any of their own developed drivers as
promised more than four years ago. In fact, Serenity has provided no
drivers themselves and relies on volunteers to donate time and effort to
eCS for free which benefits the financial pockets of Bob St. John, owner
of Serenity.

(3) Serenity has lied to the OS/2 community regarding the claim they and
only they (Serenity) would be able to sell Warp 4 after January 31, 2001.

(4) Serenity has lied to the OS/2 community regarding the claim they and
only they (Serenity) could offer the OS/2 user a Journal File System (JFS).

(5) Serenity sold an older version of OS/2 included in the eCS v1.0
retail product but claim it is 'up to date' when it isn't..

(6) Serenity sold an older version of SmartSuite for OS/2 in the eCS
v1.0 product even tho' they claimed it was the latest release of SS/2
(it wasn't).

(7) Serenity failed to provide the latest Lotus SS/2 upgrade to their
customers for more than three months (SS/2 upgrade v1.7.1)

(8). eCS v1.0 and v1.1, both GA releasse of eCS, fails to install on 9
out of 10 machines.

(9) eCS v1.0, v1.1, v1.2, all GA releases of eCS, requires substantial
time, assistance, public tech support and manual adjusting to install on
95% of all machines it is installed to despite the claims of Serenity
that it works 'right out of the box'.

(10) Serenity claimed early buyers would get an advantage if they
purchased a protection fee service contract (Upgrade Protection Package)
and yet no advantage was provided to those with a SWC subscription in place.

(11) Serenity purposely avoids telling customers ALL software
accompanying an eCS Package can ONLY be used under an eCS system and no
where else.

(12) Serenity's distributors claim to sell the eCS upgrade ONLY to
those with a valid Warp 4 license yet some eCS customers have
acknowledged they have no such license nor where they required or even
asked to produce one at the time of purchase.

(13) Serenity published a document claiming eCS v1.2 would be released
no later than June 30th, 2004. Like most of their published claims,
Serenity failed to meet that announced delivery date leaving eCS Lusers
'in the lurch' for another 90 days.

(14) eCS v1.2 Beta Testers publicly warned of an early "GA" release of
eCS v1.2 would contain more than 12 detrimental bugs what should be
fixed but they weren't.

(15) BMTMicro offers pre-sales of eCS v1.2 but as of August 31, 2004,
have no product to ship.

(16) Kim "Looonytoony" Cheung, previous co-owner of Serenity, took a
powder more than a year ago and hasn't been seen or heard from since.

(17) Claims made by Serenity and their distributors to include "extras"
in the CD package don't exist.

(18) Serenity claimed eCS v1.2 would be able to migrate a previous OS/2
desktop without problem or incident yet buyers admit it doesn't happen
or work and they are forced to reinstall eCS from scratch losing all of
their previous applications, operating system configurations, and system
setup.

(19) Serenity claims to offer the option of *not* installing their own
bastardized releases of xWorkplace (aka eWorkplace) and Styler/2
(eStyler) yet the eCS v1.2 forces the installation no matter what.

(20) Serenity claims the eCS v1.2 buyer will get a discount for
previous purchases of Open Office for OS/2, RSJ for OS/2, SmartSuite for
OS/2, Styler/2 and xWorkplace yet the only two distributors of eCS v1.2
don't offer all the stated discounts.

(21) Despite claims by eCS v1.2 beta testers there were major problems
with the mouse driver in eCS, Serenity released eCS v1.2 with the mouse
problems anyway forcing the eCS buyer to try and correct the problem
themselves.

(22) Serenity claims you can purchase eCS for just $59 but what they
don't say is that initial purchase is quite useless unless the eCS v1.2
buyer pays for an eCS Software Subscription ($89), an eCS Application
Pack ($99) and an eCS application Pack subscription service ($89) for a
total cost of over $300.

Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
email: ***@Gmail.com
Bob Bencivenga
2004-09-08 03:48:33 UTC
Post by Bob Bencivenga
[...]
Doug,

I did put the [FUD4] into the header to begin with, but if you notice
Timmy Boo Whoo took it out on the next reply. I didn't pick up on it
right away and am sorry for filling the bandwidth up. The boy just erks
me some times. For ten or more years now I have watched and listened to
him rant about anything negative. Nothing can be done about him I know.
It's just some times I hope it can. Sorry again all you true OS/2 people.

Bob Bencivenga
OS/2 Die Hard
The OS/2 Guy
2004-09-08 00:57:46 UTC
... Sorry again all you true OS/2 people.
Bob Bencivenga
OS/2 Die Hard
Your apology, vacant of any true emotion, is reluctantly accepted. It
would be greatly appreciated if you eCS Lusers would get out of the OS/2
newsgroups. You don't belong here Bob.

Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
email: ***@Gmail.com
Marty
2004-09-08 05:58:40 UTC
Post by Bob Bencivenga
Doug,
I did put the [FUD4] into the header to begin with, but if you notice
Timmy Boo Whoo took it out on the next reply. I didn't pick up on it
right away and am sorry for filling the bandwidth up. The boy just erks
me some times. For ten or more years now I have watched and listened to
him rant about anything negative. Nothing can be done about him I know.
It's just some times I hope it can. Sorry again all you true OS/2 people.
Bob,
Why on Earth did you quote all of that rubbish???
The OS/2 Guy
2004-09-08 03:18:29 UTC
Post by Marty
Bob,
Why on Earth did you quote all of that rubbish???
We call it 'another fine marketing moment'.

Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
email: ***@Gmail.com
Marty
2004-09-08 08:39:14 UTC
Post by The OS/2 Guy
Post by Marty
Bob,
Why on Earth did you quote all of that rubbish???
We call it 'another fine marketing moment'.
"We" implies that more than one person feels this way. This is clearly
not the case.
"Another" implies that there has ever been such a thing in the past.
"Fine" is completely inappropriate given that the nature of what is
being peddled is rubbish.
"Marketing" is an attempt at white-washing, given that you have been
spamming.
And if it were only a "moment", we'd all be grateful, but alas it has
been years.

So 2 out of the 7 words in your one-sentence answer were above reproach.
Kudos. Better than your average.

PS: Thanks for keeping the "FUD4" in the title. <laugh>
MMI
2004-09-03 07:48:09 UTC
The OS/2 Guy wrote:

<snip>
As long as Warp City runs that web page eCS will never have any credibility.
<snip>

Wow, that's right! As long as the Warp City runs, your eCS-dedicated
pages have no credibility.

Cheers,
Martin
The OS/2 Guy
2004-09-03 10:50:07 UTC
Post by MMI
<snip>
As long as Warp City runs that web page eCS will never have any credibility.
<snip>
Wow, that's right! As long as the Warp City runs, your eCS-dedicated
pages have no credibility.
Eats are your craw, doesn't it Martin?

Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
email: ***@Gmail.com
Bob Bencivenga
2004-09-04 05:27:00 UTC
Post by The OS/2 Guy
Post by MMI
<snip>
As long as Warp City runs that web page eCS will never have any credibility.
<snip>
Wow, that's right! As long as the Warp City runs, your eCS-dedicated
pages have no credibility.
Eats are your craw, doesn't it Martin?
Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
Well it's still obvious, your paid by Uncle Mikey to do nothing but
disrupt these great news groups. What a sad excuse for human flesh you are.

Bob Bencivenga
OS/2 Die Hard
Stan
Lars Erdmann
2004-09-04 12:40:40 UTC
You still don't understand. The only one that gets OS/2 Passport Advantage
Express easily is the US customer.
All others (the rest of the world) are told to consult "their local IBM
reseller".
Know what an "IBM reseller" in Germany will tell me if I ask him about
Passport Advantage Express (as an end customer, so no large volume sale in
sight) ?
He will either kick me out of the door or laugh at me.

This is IBM's business model concerning OS/2. Either you live in the US or
you don't.
eCS is filling the gap. Simple as that.

Lars
The OS/2 Guy
2004-09-04 13:55:50 UTC
Here's what I understand (and know): eCS is *not* sold in the U.S. At
present there are two vendors, both outside the U.S., accepting money
for eCS v1.2. Only one of those vendors is actually distributing eCS
v1.2 (Meansys) and that distribution is dubious and scant. The other
vendor won't ship it. U.S. consumers may buy eCS v1.2 but only from The
Netherlands via electronic download. There have been three reports of
actual receivorship. Two of those reports went on to undertake
installation and were promptly faced with several problems and bugs, the
mouse problem being the most glaring. All three consumers reported
buying just the $59 upgrade and deferred away from the $296 upgrade
package.

SVista, which appears to be the carrot included with eCS v1.2, is being
widely ignored.

It's good that Serenity is filling the gap for you but sad that you end
up with a poor product. If it were me in your shoes, and I was
determined to have the latest OS/2 release(s) I'd 'team up' with an
American consumer and purchase my PAExpress through them.

Lars
Andy Willis
2004-09-04 17:36:25 UTC
Post by The OS/2 Guy
Here's what I understand (and know): eCS is *not* sold in the U.S. At
present there are two vendors, both outside the U.S., accepting money
for eCS v1.2. Only one of those vendors is actually distributing eCS
v1.2 (Meansys) and that distribution is dubious and scant. The other
vendor won't ship it. U.S. consumers may buy eCS v1.2 but only from The
Netherlands via electronic download. There have been three reports of
actual receivorship. Two of those reports went on to undertake
installation and were promptly faced with several problems and bugs, the
mouse problem being the most glaring. All three consumers reported
buying just the $59 upgrade and deferred away from the $296 upgrade
package.
Dubious and scanty are hardly accurate. I ordered eCS 1.2 from
www.ecomstation.biz and it said I should recieve confirmation in 15 min.
Within 10 min. I had the link and was downloading my iso's.
As to the mouse problem, it is most prominent to people with serial
mice. Unfortunately IBM broke serial mice support in their latest
release (and it doesn't matter if you run WSEB, MCP, ACP, or eCS -- I've
tested... didn't test against Warp 4 but it seems clear the same results
would appear). There is possibly other types of mice that have problems
though I haven't heard any direct reports. The main symptom of the
serial mouse problem is that the mouse moves around but you can't click
on anything.
It is possible that most people are buying the upgrade without the
subscription, the subscription is not right for everyone. Mostly it is
designed for people that need to have a budget for TCO and this helps
them create that budget. Serenity offered it at the request of
customers, that means those that were making the request will get it,
some others will as well because it is available, others won't.
You claim to have had bad experience with eCS and want others to know
it. All well and good. My problem with your posts is that if those who
have had good experiences speak up you attack them rather than the
issues that you had problems with. In contrast, I have seen Bob and
Kim's posts clear back to the days of Talklink and they have always been
courteous, well mannered, and helpful. I have done some searches on
your posts and while you have occasionally helped people the ratio is
really low compared to your attacks.
Anyway,
out here.
Andy
--
Warpstock 2004, Denver, Colorado, October 21 - 24, 2004
http://www.warpstock.org Volunteers: please send note to
***@comcast.net
The OS/2 Guy
2004-09-04 17:16:28 UTC
Post by Andy Willis
Dubious and scanty are hardly accurate. I ordered eCS 1.2 from
www.ecomstation.biz and it said I should recieve confirmation in 15 min.
Within 10 min. I had the link and was downloading my iso's.

ecomstation.biz is Meansys - THAT's exactly where you are getting your
eCS v1.2 from. Meansys is the ONLY current distributor.
Post by Andy Willis
As to the mouse problem, it is most prominent to people with serial
mice.

Not according to the only two of three posters who have obtained eCS
v1.2 and tried the install then reported the problem in the eCS
newsgroups. AND, the mouse problem appears on the list of 12 fatal bugs
issued by the Beta Testers on the Beta Testers List which cautioned
Serenity that those bugs should be fixed prior to any distribution of
eCS v1.2. Meansys is desperate and doesn't give a damn about their
customers.
Post by Andy Willis
Unfortunately IBM broke serial mice support in their latest release
(and it doesn't matter if you run WSEB, MCP, ACP, or eCS -- I've
tested... didn't test against Warp 4 but it seems clear the same results
would appear).

Not true at all. There is no serial mouse problem with MCP 4.52 and it
was reported in v4.51 and corrected with the update. Your claim is
false. EVEN if this were true Serenity was 'going to fix the
[unsubstantiated] problem with their release of eCS v1.2' but failed to
do so and have dumped it on the unsuspecting eCS consumer. The problem
is detrimental to eCS v1.2 and leaves Serenity and Meansys with even
less credibility. Sales of eCS are dismal. Excuses range from failing
to deliver on time and as promised (several potential eCS v1.2 consumers
moved to Linux when the release failed to appear) to the price being too
high for the minor update to eCS v1.2. Serenity is relying entirely
upon their hoped for killerapp "Svista/2" but no one is buying the spiel
evident by the failure to sell the full eCS v1.2 upgrade pacakge.
Post by Andy Willis
It is possible that most people are buying the upgrade without the
subscription, the subscription is not right for everyone.

Of the only three reported sales, no one has purchased the full upgrade
$296 package. Are you claiming you purchased eCS v1.2, received it via
download and have it installed? If so, did YOU purchase the full
upgrade package? If so, you are the first to admit to such poor consumer
buying.
Post by Andy Willis
You claim to have had bad experience with eCS and want others to know
it. All well and good. My problem with your posts is that if those who
have had good experiences speak up you attack them rather than the
issues that you had problems with.

The 'good' posts purposely omit the problems - that's the problem with
'good' posts. They are posted for one reason: to dupe the unsuspecting
naive consumer. My posts are to ensure the consumer is made aware of
what they are stepping into. Once purchased the eCS consumer is
entirely beholding to a minor third party vendor who has yet to keep any
one of the many promises he made years ago. Where are the drivers?
According to Alan Beagley (sp?) they are missing. Has Serenity
developed even one driver for OS/2? No. Serenity marketed eCS claiming
they would do so. It has never happened. Serenity has not met the
needs and requirements of the basic OS/2 user - no RealPlayer/2,
WebCam/2, PhoneCam/2, updated Graphics Program, on and on...
Post by Andy Willis
In contrast, I have seen Bob and Kim's posts
Kim is no longer with Serenity. He took a powder nearly a year ago
after falling under U.S. Federal investigation.You know that Andy, to
invoke his name here is ridiculous.
Post by Andy Willis
clear back to the days of Talklink and they have always been
courteous, well mannered, and helpful. I have done some searches on
your posts and while you have occasionally helped people the ratio is
really low compared to your attacks.

The Boob has a vested interest in helping eCS Lusers as he makes a
direct profit from covering up the fires and problems of eCS. I have no
such interest. My interest is protecting and advocating OS/2.
Serenity's interest is in destroying OS/2 as we know it and making a
direct profit from a faulty problematic product St. John calls eCS.

I have the last RC release of eCS v1.2. It has fourteen known bugs. Two
were corrected and then the product was declared GA and handed over to
Meansys. Troughton was to supply BMTMicro and while BMTMicro is
currently accepting pre-orders and were telling interested customers
they planned to make eCS v1.2 available on September 1 - they have
balked, fearful of consumer complaints for distributing the poor product.

Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
email: ***@Gmail.com
MMI
2004-09-05 09:51:16 UTC
You still don't understand. The only one that gets OS/2 Passport Advantage
Express easily is the US customer.
All others (the rest of the world) are told to consult "their local IBM
reseller".
Know what an "IBM reseller" in Germany will tell me if I ask him about
Passport Advantage Express (as an end customer, so no large volume sale in
sight) ?
He will either kick me out of the door or laugh at me.
Yeah, right, the same here in Czech Republic.

And the regional IBM? The last time I've seen them doing something WRT
OS/2 was 1998, and that was one(!) well hidden OS/2 Warp 4 computer at
their Invex (this was something like a regional Comdex) booth with no
one that would know what OS/2 is. Hell, at the time I was the only one
at IBM booth who knew about OS/2 and I was a visitor.

Cheers,
Martin
Lars
The Real OS/2 Guy
2004-10-04 23:10:51 UTC
Post by The OS/2 Guy
eCS v1.2's Bugs... these are the first eCS v1.2 complaints of what
So then eCS 1.2 is a real product! You've spent months whining about
"eCS 1.2 vaporware". Now that it's out, you have to backpedal and
change your tune to "OMG it has bugs"!

You are so predictable and pathetic.

The REAL OS/2 Guy
Hans
2004-10-05 14:07:29 UTC
Post by The Real OS/2 Guy
Post by The OS/2 Guy
eCS v1.2's Bugs... these are the first eCS v1.2 complaints of what
So then eCS 1.2 is a real product! You've spent months whining about
"eCS 1.2 vaporware". Now that it's out, you have to backpedal and
change your tune to "OMG it has bugs"!
You are so predictable and pathetic.
The REAL OS/2 Guy
And because he is so predictable why answer him? All answers are also
predictable :-)
The OS/2 Guy
2004-10-05 11:15:53 UTC
Post by Hans
Post by The OS/2 Guy
eCS v1.2's Bugs... these are the first eCS v1.2 complaints of what
And because he is so predictable why answer him? All answers are also
predictable :-)
Why thank you Hans. Let me offer this:

IBM pays little attention to Serenity Systems. IBM was requested to keep
Mozilla current and was ignored by SSI. IBM was requested to put
resources into the development of wireless drivers as well as other
drivers specific for eCS customers and ignored the request. IBM is
ignoring all requests from SSI for assistance at altering/changing the
multimedia in eCS.

Tho' Serenity marketed eCS with promises to update Mozilla and develop
new and additional drivers themselves, they have failed to do so.
Serenity has never developed any drivers for eCS.

IBM pays lip service to Serenity when it comes to changing the OS/2
kernel to better support eCS. IBM is changing the kernel for OS/2
operating systems but eCS is being left out in the cold.

eCS sales during the first week of October are as dismal as they were
throughout the entire month of September 2004.

IBM has made it clear that Serenity will never be a big IBM customer
with all the benefits, cooperation and attention eCS Lusers have been
led to believe it would be. IBM sees Serenity as a minor customer who
purchased a yearly OEM distribution contract and nothing more.

Serenity did nothing in the way of email reach-out to notify previous
customers of eCS that a new version [v1.2] was available. ["I would have
expected to receive some sort of notice that an upgrade was available
and what the update included" says one irate customer who bought v1.1
but never installed it.]